Orkney’s cumulative total of Covid19 positive test results is now at 35.
Despite this rise Orkney continues to be at level 1 in Scotland’s tier system and from tomorrow there will be a slight easing of restrictions. Up to 2 household of not more than 6 people will be able to meet indoors. Some Easing of #Covid19 Restrictions in Orkney From Friday
Today’s stats for Scotland are as follows:
- 1,212 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 45 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 98 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,207 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 22,883 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 6.1% of these were positive
4,856 deaths have been registered in Scotland where COVID-19 was mentioned on the death certificate up to 8 November. 46% of COVID-19 registered deaths were in care homes, 47% were in hospitals and 7% were at home or non-institutional settings (as at 14 October)
The best way to protect ourselves and other from the spread of Covid is to follow the advice of FACTS
And to download the free NHS Protect Scotland app. If you are contacted it is vital that you respond .