Orkney’s total number of confirmed Covid cases is now at 72. The last new case recorded in Orkney was on 21st of March.
The stats for Scotland for 23rd of April 2021 are:
- 255 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 19,771 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 1.5% of these were positive
- 1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 12 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 93 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 2,758,381 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 949,228 have received their second dose
Vaccinations in Orkney
77% of the adult population in Orkney have had the 1st dose of the vaccine, 20.4% have had the second dose.
This graph shows the type of Covid vaccination used in Scotland and the first and second doses: AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer
10,055 deaths have been registered in Scotland where COVID-19 was mentioned on the death certificate up to 18 April. 33% of COVID-19 registered deaths related to deaths in care homes, 60% were in hospitals and 6% were at home or non-institutional settings.
The advice remains:
- wear a face covering
- avoid crowded places
- clean hands and surfaces regularly
- stay 2m away from other people
- self-isolate and get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- download the Protect Scotland app